Nearly 20 years ago, Joseph Goldberg was a single father in search of a home. He didn't want to rent an apartment, and he couldn't afford a typical single-family house. So, Goldberg did the next best thing: He bought a home in a community called Atlantic Gardens in Egg Harbor Township, N.J. Most people would call Atlantic Gardens a trailer park and Goldberg's house a trailer. But watch what you say. Formerly called mobile homes, "manufactured homes," such as the one Goldberg now owns, have come a long way in recent years. They offer many of the amenities of single-family homes without the high price tag.Slowly, the manufactured home is gaining respect. Most people think manufactured homes are mobile homes with a different name -- sort of like the "lipstick on a pig" joke. Yet, there are huge differences. First, mobile homes refer to homes built before 1976 when the government didn't have any building regulations for trailers. Since that date, factories have built homes to a higher standard. Second, some of today's manufactured homes look just like brand new site-built dwellings. The homes blend in well with the neighborhood, complete with white picket fences and garages. Some models are two stories high, and many have state-of-the art heating and cooling systems and ENERGY STAR appliances. Moreover, manufactured housing is a good option for Americans to afford their own homes. Manufactured homes can cost an average of $62,600, compared with $272,200 for a single-family site-built home. More than 17 million Americans live in manufactured homes. In 2009, the median annual household income for those living in manufactured homes was $30,000. In 2009, 43 percent of all new homes that sold for less than $150,000 were manufactured homes. Manufactured homes also accounted for 23 percent of new home sales under $200,000. Not only are manufactured homes cheaper to own than site-built homes, they're cheaper to build and maintain.In addition, workers build manufactured homes on an assembly line, which is far more controlled and efficient than building a house on-site. Too often, bad weather, theft of building materials and vandalism, not to mention the vagaries of agreements with contractors and subcontractors, hamper on-site construction projects. Factories also control labor costs by managing their workers effectively. Those who buy manufactured homes not only save money because the construction process is cheaper, but they can also save by living in special communities that handle expenses for services like lawn maintenance, trash removal, snow plowing and other on-site repairs as part of the rent. Homeowners can rent or own the land on which the house sits. More than 75 percent of manufactured homes are located on private property, while the remaining 25 percent are located in communities where the homeowner leases the lot. A study by the University of New Hampshire concluded that residents who own their own manufactured home communities can sell their homes more quickly and at a higher price than those living in leased communities. Additionally, residents say they have greater control over their lots, and worry less about their park being closed. Use this amazing ovulation calculator if you need to find out your most fertile days during the month and when you are most likely to concieve.
WELCOME TO OUR SITE
We will upadte the new content and send you in time, thank you!